Monday, July 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Neon: The Neon Symbol

Hello Owlets! I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I took a break to try and get my groove back.


That time off really helped me to focus on myself and what I want to accomplish with my blog. So the break helped me get my groove back!


And I mean really helped. This week for The Digit-al Dozen we are doing neon. Neon! When this was decided upon I had let it slip that I didn't own any neons in my polish collection. 

I'll pause here for the collective gasp that also happened in the group. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, I'm weird. I just don't like neons. *Le gasp*

And now a whole week dedicated to neon. I shake my fist at those who chose it. I thought, well I could go buy some (I actually looked and I found one, ONE, neon hidden away in my collection) but I didn't want to buy them when I wouldn't use them again (wait, since when has that stopped any of us?).  :)

Well, that break helped me to get my thinking-out-of-the-box cap back on. So I present to you a week of neon without actually using any neon!  Boom baby!


Here is the symbol for Neon on the periodic table; granted I don't have all the info associated with the symbol, but come on, cut me some slack, my nails are only so big! ;)

I used Milani White on the Spot and black acrylic paint. Please excuse the bits of dryness. My skin is hating me at the moment.

It's a bit messy, but isn't chemistry messy? No? Oh well, I'm thinking beakers bubbling and pipettes and Bunsen burners......and I ran out of chemistry lingo. :) I took it in high school and bleh I hated it, for the most part. I remember we could have the periodic table with us for our tests and any notes that we wrote on there. My sheet was covered in microscopic writing in different colors that consisted of pretty much my entire class notes. :)

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their neon manis!