Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fanchromatic Nails Review!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanchromaticNails

Today I bring you three amazing geek-tastic polishes!

I was contacted by the owner of Fanchromatic Nails, Lynae, if I would like to review some of her polishes. Of course I agreed! Geek-based polish! Heck yes! Sign me up! I've been lemming a few of her polishes for a while now, so I was super excited and honored that Lynae contacted me.

So, let's get on with the polishes!


This is Not a Lady. This is a brand new polish for Fanchromatic! It's due to be released July 16th! It is inspired by the characters Brienne of Tarth and Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. It is a deep, blackened warm rusty red, with a leather-like finish.


This is one coat of Not a Lady. One coat! And look at that gorgeous deep color. I would call it a bit more of a blackened red based purple. And that finish! Wow! Looks like leather to me! Gorgeous!


This is Not a Lady with top coat. Still just as gorgeous! And it shows off the shimmer found in this lovely polish! The formula is fantastic! A one-coater indie is amazing! Just top quality pigments! 

Now, I didn't finish the first book of Game of Thrones (I really tried for a year! But couldn't), but if the book was like this polish I would have finished it in a week!


This is Deceptive Charm. This is from Fanchromatic's early summer 2014 release. This intense color was inspired by Weyoun, a character from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It is a very saturated cobalt/royal blue with a gorgeous pink shimmer!


Guess what! Another one-coater! And this blue is so amazingly pigmented and such a bright royal color! (please excuse the bumps on my nails, they are from my nails and not the polish) I did use a top coat.


Here is Deceptive Charm taken with flash and slightly blurry so that you can see that pink shimmer. See it? Isn't it stunning! I think that hidden shimmer really makes this polish special!


This is Misty Mountains. It is one of Fanchromatic's most popular colors (and one of my lemmings!). It is part of the There and Back Again series inspired by Tolkien. It is a murky, earthy sage green with gold and copper glitter in varying sizes, gold shimmer, and blue iridescent glass flecks.


Now, this being a glitter (an amazing one at that) it runs a bit sheer. On my index, middle, and pinky fingers I used one coat of OPI Stranger Tides as undies. My ring finger is two to two and a half coats of Misty Mountains. As you can see both ways are gorgeous! If you layer it over some undies then it'll last longer! :)


Just look and all that shimmery goodness! And can you see the blue flecks visible on my index finger? This polish is just as good as I'd hoped it would be! I love it!

Polishes are available in full 15mL for $9.50 or mini 5mL for $5.00


I want to thank Lynae and her amazing brand Fanchromatic <polish for the geek in you> for this wonderful opportunity! All the polishes I reviewed were of amazing quality and formulas were fabulous! Thank you so much!