Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Red, Gold, and Green: Waterfall!


Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Red, Gold, and Green and I attempted a Waterfall again. I think I did better than last time but still need to practice some more. The Nailasaurus makes it look too easy! :)


I still kind of like how it turned out (need to work on my brush skills). The colors are holiday, but which holiday? Kind of makes me almost think of Halloween with the red/blood and the chartreuse/slime. Hahaha! I love it! :)

I started with Sally Hansen Emerald City (again) as my base, I then mattified it with NYC Matte Me Crazy. For the waterfall itself I used: Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment (gold), Finger Paints Sexxy Sundress (chartreuse), and China Glaze Ruby Pumps (red).

My goal is to perfect the waterfall! So watch for more to come! :)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their manis!

22 comments:

  1. I'm really digging the contrast between the bright and dark polishes! These are festive but still super fun and I could see these at a part or something easily! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that contrast is what I love the most too!

      Delete
  2. Like! I think it would have been more christmassy if you used a white/creme base and then the green for the stripes as well :D. Waterfall on snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought about doing a white base but wanted to try and stick to the three colors of the challenge. But maybe I'll try that in a few weeks! :)

      Delete
  3. I feel so boring that all I do is stamping...another method (waterfall) that I've never tried! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! But your stamping is amazing! I wish I had your skills!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the sparkly gold accent, it adds to the waterfall-ness! And I know what you mean about how someone can make something look so easy when actually it's hard, but these turned out really nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this, great waterfall mani <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waterfall!! Yes!! I love these! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyy! So festive! I love these! I can't believe I haven't tried this technique yet, I just sit around admiring it on others :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.