Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Technique Tuesdays: Santa Hats


So this isn't a major technique. But it involves free-handing a french tip, dotting tools, and applying jewels!

I have been seeing these hats all over the place (most recently by Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue) and new I wanted to try it out. I think they are super cute. Now, mine aren't too perfect, some of the hat tail things are too big and look like they are bleeding but hey, I still think they are festive! Not bad for a first try! Hahaha! :)


I used Duri Rejuvacote as my base. I then free-handed french tips using Color Club Mamba and added the little "tails". Then I added a coat of China Glaze Ruby Pumps to add sparkle and festivness! Next I used my dotting tool and white acrylic paint for the fluffy part of the hat. Following that I dabbed a bit of clear polish on the tips of the hats and applied my jewels. I then topped it all off with NYC In a New York Color Minute Top Coat.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!! My friends have all been posting this on my facebook wall, trying to get me to do it haha.
    Merry Christmas, Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.