Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dupes? Orly: Nite Owl vs Slick Lacquer: A Wink and a Nod


I was asked by Missy from Gnarly Gnails to do dupe/comparison post of these two polishes! This is Orly Nite Owl and Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod. Sorry this post was quickly done but I had no problem doing it because it gave me yet another reason to wear two of my favorite polishes! :)

The photo above shows one coat each of Orly Nite Owl (index and ring fingers) and Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod (middle and pinkie fingers). As you can see they are not the same color! Both are beautiful nudes with shimmers. Orly is a silver shimmer where Slick Lacquer is a holo shimmer.


Here is two coats of each, again: Orly Nite Owl (index and ring fingers) and Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod (middle and pinkie fingers). Orly is definitely more brown whereas Slick Lacquer is more grey based.

Both are fabulous! Both apply like a dream -- like buttah! And I can't stop staring at either when I am wearing them! :)

So are they dupes? Nope, not at all. But they are both stunning!

Do you need both? Heck yes you do! Run, don't walk and get them! You will not be disappointed!

You can get Orly Nite Owl where ever you are able to buy Orly polish as it is part of their core line now! Score!

Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod can be purchased:
Slick Lacquer Etsy shop
Slick Lacquer Facebook page

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.