Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Reads - Divergent by Veronica Roth


Welcome back to another addition of Wednesday Reads! Today's book is Divergent by Veronica Roth.


So I bought this one day from Target because I thought it would be interesting. Then it sat on my shelf for about a year maybe? Well, my sister and I are in a book club and we recommended to try this one (sense I owned it, it made it easier to read and get a hold of!). And what an awesome choice we made! This book is fantastic! It is a quick easy read that is clean and fast paced!

This story is set in a kind of dystopian society. In this society there are five factions in which people live and base their lives around. 1. Candor (the honest) 2. Erudite (the intelligent) 3. Amity (the peaceful) 4. Dauntless (the fearless) 5. Abnegation (the selfless).

The main character is Beatrice (Tris) Prior sixteen year old girl who lives in the Abnegation faction. She has always felt different than others in her faction. She doesn't see her self as selfless. But the time has come for the aptitude test in which will decide which faction a person is best suited.

Beatrice finds that she is suited for 3 different factions, she is Divergent. And it is up to her to decide which faction she will forever be and live with. Does she choose Abnegation and stay with her family? Erudite, a logical choice. Or Dauntless, the fearless and brave. She must choose, but choosing could mean that she leaves her family and friends behind for good.

After she chooses which faction to join she renames herself Tris and now, the initiation begins. Here she tries to figure out who her friends are and where romance comes into play. But she is Divergent, something that she can never tell anyone. Divergent? What is that? Why must she keep it secret.

If you want to know the whole story I think you should read this awesome book! Oh and the movie has been announced! March 21, 2014! Boo-ya! :) Oh and guess what? There's a sequel already out. Yep, and it's amazing too!


Insurgent is the sequel. Came out this year. The third and final book has yet to be released, gosh darn it! :)

Have you read this book yet?

5 comments:

  1. I love this book so much!!! The sequel was good too. Can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent recommendation! I love this book. Nothing better than a strong female lead character :) If you like dystopian type books, check out Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan and Eve by Anna Carey. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of off the top of my head, but after reading Hunger Games, I went on a dystopian genre spree! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda obsessed with this genre right now. Thanks for the recs.

      Delete
    2. Oooh! More books! Thank you so much! I love this genre right now too! I will look into those books! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.