Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dupes? L'Oreal Brit Invasion, L'Oreal Owl's Night, and IsaDora Bronze Patina


Look at them all lined up in a row, L'Oreal Brit Invasion, L'Oreal Owl's Night, and IsaDora Bronze Patina, making you think they are the same. Are they? Aren't they? What about in real life and not a computer screen? Why oh why with all the questions? >_<

I thought I would try this comparison because when I was searching for swatches of L'Oreal's Brit Invasion some images showed up looking a ton like the other polish Owl's Night. Hmmmm, said I, I will end this a do a comparison dupe post! Great idea, said I, but don't forget a beautiful polish that was sent to you across the great big blue ocean that is also similar. 

Well, here it goes!


One coat of each polish. Left to right is: L'Oreal Brit Invasion, L'Oreal Owl's Night, IsaDora Bronze Patina, and L'Oreal Brit Invasion again. One coat and kinda streaky for our wonderful Brit Invasion. And well, hello there totally different base color. Yep. L'Oreal Brit Invasion is NOT a dupe for either L'Oreal Owl's Night or IsaDora Bronze Patina. Brit Invasion is more of a taupey purplely base while Owl's Night is a brown as with Bronze Patina. And check out Owl's Night and Bronze Patina, identical? Sisters? Cousins? Hmmmmm...... must investigate this further.


Well hello gorgeous! Such a fun skittle or maybe an M&M? Hahaha! Ah, polish humor! ;) This is now two coats of each polish. Left to right again: L'Oreal Brit Invasion, L'Oreal Owl's Night, IsaDora Bronze Patina, and L'Oreal Brit Invasion again. Brit Invasion is still totally different from the other two. All are shimmers, with Owl's Night being a chunky shimmer than the other two. But look how alike Owl's Night (middle finger) and Bronze Patina (ringer finger) are! Pretty dang close!


A straight on shot shows how much of a chunky shimmer L'Oreal's Owl's Night (middle finger) is than the rest. Also, Owl's Night seems to turn a bit green in some lights while Bronze Patina takes on more reds and purples almost.


As you can tell, you are safe to buy L'Oreal Brit Invasion if you already have L'Oreal Owl's Night or IsaDora Bronze Patina or vice versa. However, do you need both Owl's Night and Bronze Patina? Well, that would depend on what type of polish fiend you are. :) I would say that they are close enough to take the place of the other but they are not identical. They will satisfy the craving! :)

But also take into account IsaDora's brush, I mean look at this:


Yep. Could also polish my whole nail in one swoop! :) Wide brush indeed!

Both L'Oreal's Owl's Night and IsaDora's Bronze Patina were great to apply only a bit of splotchy in one coat while L'Oreal's Brit Invasion was more splotchy.

Well, what do you think? Which is your favorite? Do you own any? Or all?

4 comments:

  1. I really like L'Oreal polishes, but they do usually run a little sheer. I sooo wish the British collection would head my way! And yes, this is, incidentally, a lovely fall skittles mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, browns are some of my favorite shades!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.