Monday, June 25, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays: Jelly Sandwich...Mattified!

 

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays are where we re-create manis from different blogs or pictures we have "pinned" on Pinterest, and link back to the original blogger!

Today I did a Jelly Sandwich (or Sammich). Yes I've done one before, but this one is mattified! Wahoo! :)


Here is another shot of my Jelly Sandwich Mattified! You might recognized this mani as I showed you part of it on Friday for my TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indie Friday - Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork. But I have now made it a sandwich and mattified it. :)

So, the ingredients are: base polish is OPI Skull & Glossbones. Glitter: Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork. Top polish: OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It. And then added China Glaze Matte Magic to finish it off! 


This is the concept that I was inspired by. A gorgeous Sandy Sandwich....Mattified by The Nailasaurus (please click image of title to be sent to her site). I love the unconventional color of this. I usually see jelly sandwiches using pinks, blues, or whites. But I am loving this neutral! I think I need the OPI she used! (PS it's OPI Samoan Sand, just to let you know).


This is how it started out. Two coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones with one coat Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork.


Add one coat of OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It. This is a sheer silver shimmer with pink sparkles. This is a pretty mani just like this, but I had to make it a Monkey See Monkey Do! :)



And voila! A Jelly Sandwich.....Mattified! :) Yes, it's still a bit shiny with the glitter, but that's because you can't hide the awesomeness that is Clockwork by Sonoma Nail Art! ;) I am loving this mani a ton! I have been told it looks like a bird's egg or even stone.

Would you like to join Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays? Click the image below or the one on my side bar.


8 comments:

  1. i think it looks better matte - gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the evolution of this manicure is amazing. So pretty at every step, and I love what you ended up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about matte and glitter just takes this manicure to the next level - I absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am loving matte glitter! It's classy! :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, I love a nice matted jelly sandwich! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.